nicole's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Jun 11, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from June 09 to 11, 2010

hands down the best book of 2011. there's no way anything else can come close to it next year. oliver's writing is beautiful and while the plot seemed a little too similar to matched upon the start, it quickly surpassed it in all points. it's a great book to read during the first flush of a new romance, where you totally feel what the main character is going through, even though her situation is life or death and your boyfriend is merely going to canada without you for the weekend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

Quotes nicole Liked

Lauren Oliver
“My heart is drumming in my chest so hard it aches, but it's the good kind of ache, like the feeling you get on the first real day of autumn, when the air is crisp and the leaves are all flaring at the edges and the wind smells just vaguely of smoke - like the end and the beginning of something all at once.”

Lauren Oliver
“We stand there for a moment, looking at each other, and in that instant I feel our connection so strongly it's as though it achieves physical existence, becomes a hand all around us, cupping us together, protecting us. This is what people are always talking about when they talk about god: this feeling, of being held and understood and protected. feeling this way seems about as close to saying a prayer as you could get...”

Lauren Oliver
“Somewhere deeper in the city a motor is running, a distant, earthy growl, like an animal panting. in a few hours the bright blush of morning will push through all that darkness, and shapes will reassert themselves, and people will wake up and yawn and brew coffee and get ready for work, everything the same as usual. Life will go on. Something aches at the very core of me, something ancient and deep and stronger than words: the filament that joins each of us to the root of existence, that ancient thing unfurling and resisting and grappling, desperately for a foothold, a way to stay here, breathe, keep going.”