Cecile's Reviews > Stick Shift

Stick Shift by Lissa Matthews

Jul 10, 10

Read in May, 2010

I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

Okay... I am sure you are getting tired of the all the books I have been showcasing lately... what can I say ~ I love sharing the hot books that I read! And this is no exception! In fact... this book makes me want to drop everything and go to a NASCAR race now!!!! You hear me NOW!!!! OH My Gosh.. Cam is just freaking Sex in a Car! All sorts of yummies. Yes... he is that hot!

This story is about a race car driver... but do not be scare. You do not have to know anything about racing cars (hell you do not even have to know how to start freaking car) to understand this story. There is shop talk in there... but nothing that will lose you or the story. Ms. Lissa did a great job at keeping the reading informed on just the right information to understand Cam's story and his passion. And just enough for the woman in me to care about how racing is in his blood.

I LOVE LILY!!!! She is about as real as real can get. She is not the average size woman ~ size 2. She owns who she is and that to me is down right out sexy. Kinda "I am woman hear me ROAR"! Yea, that is what Lily reminds me of. She is just a little skittish because Cam is younger than she is and that can make for quiet a stir in the racing community and in life in general. Lily is use to being the fly on the wall. The one that no one notices and she likes it that way. She has two best friends who compensates for that. They are the ones that don't care what people think, they are the ones that have the hot, wild sex with younger men and love it. Lily... no that is not her style... or is it??

Cam is a determined person. On and off the track. One chance meeting with Lily has his blood racing to other parts of his body that know what they want to be doing ~ and it is not autographing pictures. He is not use of backing down from anything or anyone; so Lily presents him with a challenge of some sorts. With caution flags waving around Lily's eyes... does Cam seize the opportunities he is given and go for the finish line... or does he allow Lily to push him to the pit stop and end it there?

I will give you a hint of what I like about this story... Cam is a dominate male, all alpha... And sooo yummy. But he has a side of him that is so tender and I will dare to say - sweet. I love his playfulness in his conversation with Lily. I love his mannerism. Lily just rocks my world as a heroine!! She is my kinda of woman. Ms. Lissa pens some wonderful heroines. That has to be one of my favorite parts of her writing (besides the freaking hot and steamy bedroom scenes.. okay not just the bedroom... wherever there is hot loving going on). She makes her heroine in her story real.. She makes them strong, but with a tender side to them. They are not bitches or mean or "loose"... They enjoy sex, they enjoy their own bodies and they love who and what they are. To me that is the most important thing about a woman. When you can love who you are for what you are... that is just sexy!
And when Ms. Lissa pens her heros... oh damn, they turn me to a freakin limp noddle they are so hot! And the boundaries she pushes... are freaking explosive. The woman are not push overs (to be the submissive), but they know what they want from the relationship. But in all relationships, sometimes we are kinda scare to ask what we really want... So will Lily and Cam make it the finish line or will issues arise like the red flag signaling it is over before it even started??

To find out... I will make you read it.. maaahhhaawwwww...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stick Shift.