Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley

Aug 01, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, favorites, keepers
Read from July 20 to 21, 2010

Before I get into the review I would like to say for those of you that loves PNR and has never tried a historical this would be an excellent series to try. You still get adventure and the great hot sex thats in PNR of course, you’d miss the paranormal part, but with all the fun that’s in this series I don’t think you’d miss it much.

The second book in the Mackenzie series did not disappoint me one bit. My words for the whole book is delightfully fun! Jennifer Ashley does it again I had a hard time putting it down. I loved the way she kept what Mac done in the past to make Isabella leave away from you while you read, then she starts throwing in little details about it before she just piles it all on. I found it a fabulous idea, it kept me turning the pages. But the author doesn’t stop with that, she also gives you lots of different emotions, humor, danger, a mystery with a villain that’s full of surprises then she tops it off with hot romance with cream on top;) I just cant ask for anything more.

Very little spoilers
Isabella was wonderful to read. She is the one who always ends up in the news with all of her scandalous ways of living. And you know what the first big scandal was, her marring Mac. This book is about her past life with Mac present and future. If you read the first book in this series you found she and Mac is separated. She is still in love with Mac but doesn’t want to put up with his ways anymore. But she soon finds you can and should give someone a second chance. She also learns in return she has to give it all to Mac including her heart and trust before they are both whole again.

I loved reading about Mac and how he wants to make things right again between Isabella and himself. Isabella is not going to take off of Mac again. Mac soon finds out he has to give all before Isabella will have him. Then on top of things someone is after him and Isabella. He will stop at nothing to keep from loosing her this time around.

I love the way there is already so much love between these two even after what all has happened, they want no one else. Now with saying that let me tell you a little on the really hot sex, I am not going to spoil to much, lets just say it involves some cream and body part;) It was so good, I still remember the page numbers and I have never done that! Its 98 and 99. It was delicious and fun to read. Now the problem is going to be waiting for the next book…….
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage.

Bookwatcher I don't like very much her Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley.

It's a wonderful book and very sexy, but she don't describe all the sexy scenes that could be wonderful!
But, the few she put there are HOT... very hot!

Good to know about this serie... I'll read it!

Laurie Garrison I liked her Pride mates but this series is so much better and you'll find more sexy scenes too.