Alan Reinoso's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

M 50x66
Jun 08, 2010

Read in December, 2009

I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved that the main character is a teen, because i could connect to all his problems in weird ways. The book bases its story line on Greek Mythology so I enjoyed reading it because it adds to the book. This book is about a teen boy who is a "trouble kid" and has been moving from school to school. Until weird events start to happen in school. His best friend Grover is his protector and was sent by the camp for half bloods. So he discovers his is a half blood and is the son of a Greek God. Soon after he is blamed for stealing something very important to the Gods and they are after him. Grover and him go to the camp where Percy improves his fighting skills. While searching for this item he encounters many obstacles. One of these got him in to Hades domain but soon escaped with the help of friends.The author uses imagery which gives a sense of the reader being there. It has been said that books are like doors that can take you into a new world, well this book show many aspects of that and has a well planed story line. Read the book and find out what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.