Simone's Reviews > Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Illusions by Richard Bach

Jun 08, 10

Recommended to Simone by: Alan

I read this pretty quickly, thinking I would be able to come back to it later and re-read, but then I passed it on. Probably another read would be useful before writing a review. On a first read, it felt sorta Secret-ish (full disclosure: never read The Secret) in that it argues that we're all living the lives we want to be living, whether or not we're aware of this, and that we can change our realities at any time--that far more is open to us than we realize. I don't think it's quite that simple, but I do think that we have more control of our realities and our lives than we may think. And I have some trippy ideas that time and space are pretty permeable, and that all of this that constitutes our day-to-day reality is essentially dust--anything not built with love will ultimately leave no trace. This past couple years of soul-searching and asking "What am I here for? What can I do with my limited resources?" and seeing things begin to fall into place when I ask the right questions has brought me more on board with some of the ideas put forth in this book than I would have been prior.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusions.