Hira's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Jun 08, 2010

bookshelves: mind-blown, i-wish-i-was-that-girl

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.

Quotes Hira Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Is this the part where you say if I hurt her, you'll kill me?"
"No" Simon said, "If you hurt Clary she's quite capable of killing you herself. Possibly with a variety of weapons.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jace shook his blond head in exasperation.
"You had to make a crazy jail friend, didn't you? You couldn't just count ceiling tiles or tame a pet mouse like normal prisoners do?”

Cassandra Clare
“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.”

Cassandra Clare
“Have you tried talking to her?"
"No. We've been punching her in the face repeatedly. What? You don't think that will work?”

Cassandra Clare
“Did you ever think that in a past life Alec was an old woman with ninety cats who was always yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off her lawn? Because I do,”

Cassandra Clare
“The thing about the Mirror is that no one knows where it is. In fact, no one knows what it is.”
"It’s a mirror,” Simon said. “You know – reflective, glass. I’m just assuming.”

Cassandra Clare
“I have a fetish for damsels in distress.”
“Don’t be sexist.”
“Not at all. My services are also available to gentlemen in distress. It’s an equal opportunity fetish.”

Cassandra Clare
“Since I've met you, everything I've done has been in part because of you. I can't untie myself from you, Clary- not my heart or my blood or my mind or any other part of me. And I don't want to."
~Jace Wayland”

Cassandra Clare
“Look, did you ask me to come all the way uptown just so you could stare at me like I was something in a petri dish? Next time I'll send you a photo."
"And I'll frame it and put it on my nightstand," said Jace.”

Cassandra Clare
“So it's true. You can walk in sunlight. I thought perhaps it might have worn off."
"If I feel the urge to burst into flames, I'll let you know.”

Cassandra Clare
“The way he looked at you. I got it then. He loved you, and it was killing him. He won't get over you, Clary, he can't.”

Cassandra Clare
“Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming.”