Bryan's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Karin Slaughter

M 50x66
Jun 08, 10

Read in May, 2010

I got this book free from First Reads, and I have to admit that I was a little worried about reading it. I had never read any of Karin Slaughter's other work in the Grant County series. Often times, it's difficult to find the characters engaging and the story enjoyable when you are not familiar with the history of the characters/series from previous novels.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised with Broken. I was drawn in by the story right from page 1, both by the intrigue of the plot and its twists as well as by the characters. Slaughter does a good job of grabbing the reader's attention and not letting go until the final page is turned.

This book has made me want to read the rest of the Grant County series from the very beginning so that I can dive into all of the history of the characters like Sara Linton, Will Trent, Lena Adams, and especially, Jeffrey Tolliver, who was killed in a previous iteration in the Grant County series.

All in all, a very good crime novel with some intriguing characters and some quality plot twists. I look forward to reading the rest of the Grant County series and any future Grant County books as well.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Debra Crosby i also got the book for free. the first book i read was fractured. i was captured from page one and really felt like i knew the people in the book.