Donna Johnson's Reviews > No Time to Wave Goodbye

No Time to Wave Goodbye by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Jun 08, 10

Read from June 07 to 08, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Jacquelyn Mitchard's books always start with a good idea, but the wordiness of her plot and dialogue makes it difficult to convince yourself to continue reading. In The Deep End of the Ocean, the slowness of the plot and the aggravating characters made it a frustrating read. I have the same thought for this book. It was nice to revisit the characters and see how everything turned out. There were several times that I skipped pages because the nonessential dialogue made everything so tedious to read. There were also too many characters in this book. There were several times while I was reading that I had to stop and say to myself "Who is ...?" and go back and find out who that person was. The whole kidnapping plot with Stella was too much. We could have done without this (although there would be no book without it). It was overly dramatic and made no sense. I also wish that there would have been some type of explanation of why she was kidnapped and how Jacqueline died. The kidnapper killing himself at the end brought no sense of finality to the plot. The best part of the book was the ending chapter with Annie. This made the book worth reading. This part was well written and concise. Even though I liked this book (parts of the storyline and the premise behind the plot) it was a tedious read and boring in some parts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Time to Wave Goodbye.