Katieb (MundieMoms)'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Oct 02, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-100-book-challenge, arcs-i-own, books-i-own, debut-author-challenge, signed, mundie-moms-review
Read in June, 2010

Paranormalcy is a fun, flirty, addictive read with a great paranormal twist. I literally found myself wanting to read it again when I finished it. I love Evie! She's one of those characters I wish was real so I could be friends with her.

Evie is a sassy, smart, decisive, strong, sarcastic, butt kicking, "make the world better", pink stiletto boot wearing character that I fell in love with. Evie herself is a paranormal character who can see through the glamour of other paranormals. That makes her an effective part of the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency). She has a great best friend who's a mermaid, an ex boyfriend who's a fairy, and will stop at nothing to win her back, a hot shape shifter who can give her everything she's wanted and oh yeah, she's a one of kind paranormal.

Everything changes for Evie when she meets Lend, a shapeshifter who may be the one person who can relate to her and understand her. He might be able to give her something she's not had, normalcy. If Lend hadn't broken into IPCA, it might be easier to get to know him. Evie's not part of the IPCA task force for nothing, she's smart and works her way around the "rules". Oh, Bleep! The love triangle is so well done! Lend and Evie. Evie and Reth. Which one will will she choose.... Lend the hot shape shifter or Reth, the hot, bad tempered fairy who wants Evie back.

I love Paranormalcy's rich world building and memorable characters. Kiersten White does a suburb job with her unique spin on the paranormal world. She wrote a story that captured me and leaves me wanting more. I laughed out loud, I sighed and I even got teary eyed (which is hard to do). Paranormalcy has the perfect blend of romance, mixed in with action and sprinkled with a dark twist. It's one of the best Summer reads and I've added it to my list of favorite books for 2010.

16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

01/30 marked as: read

Brooke I can't wait to read this! It seems brilliant! =D

Katieb (MundieMoms) It's really good. I can't wait to read the sequel!!

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Awesome review! You've made me move it up my to-read list (of course, I have to get it first on Aug 31st)!! lol! Can't wait!!

Katieb (MundieMoms) Thank you Michele! I hope you enjoy it!!!