Srinivas's Reviews > Learn to Earn: A Beginner's Guide to the Basics of Investing

Learn to Earn by Peter Lynch

M 50x66
Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: currently-reading

This book was practically thrust on me during my last trip off the grid. I was so reluctant to read it that I started randomly at some page. That page had interesting anecdotes from history, and I was hooked. Well, I'm always game for a good story :)
It talked about a lot of historical events; how the pilgrims got their financing to reach the 'New World', how they practically established the American way of life; How Thomas Jefferson's views on banking were completely wrong, and how an on-the-run immigrant came to control the financial world of France during Louis XIV's time.
It gave accounts of many of the shams that flyby night operators ran during the early days of stock market and how these led to the establishment of SEC and the laws to protect investors. It's very interesting to watch a nation experiment and discover mechanisms to move forward and show the way for the rest of the world, that's American history for me.

I may actually finish this book eventually.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learn to Earn.