Joy's Reviews > In Search of Lost Time

In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust

Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: currently-reading

This isn't the precise edition I'm reading. But it's the closest one to what I have as it's an ebook and the same translator. I have the ebook created by Adelaide University

And not precisely so as I copy/pasted the text. from their HTML version into a text application so I can use highlight and other text formatting to mark quotes and take notes that are clearly demarcated from Proust's text.

The file isn't paginated so I can't indicate page numbers but I can give approximate word-count into the chapter I'm in.
___________________________

As of June 7 2010 I'm approx 4000 words into chapter 1 of book 1 or The Overture in Swann's Way. I won't be advancing my bookmark quickly but hope to finish Swann's Way by the end of the year as part of the Gilmore Girl Reading Challenge.

My thots so far? Proust is describing in exquisite detail what insomnia coupled with thinking about what and how you think is like. I can identify!

I will stack updates just below the bar above so my current status is immediately apparent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of Lost Time.