Heather's Reviews > Lucy Springer Gets Even

Lucy Springer Gets Even by Lisa Heidke

Jul 07, 2010

Read from July 04 to 07, 2010

What a fun read! I really enjoyed reading Lucy's story. I loved her personality, her sarcasm, her realness. I HATED Max. What a jerk! And all the talk of Alana being "fragile" – whatever.

I thought the characters were all very real. From Lucy's insecurity to the moms' lunch dates at which they all gossip about who isn't there. Gloria drove me nuts, though. Why is she Lucy's best friend? She doesn't respect Lucy at all. I don't get it. And Dom – I wanna know what happens with that. I was very disappointed when there wasn't a clear answer to that at the end. I felt like the book ended a few chapters too soon.

I liked Lucy's unwillingness to stoop to the level of those who tried to slander her. I also loved that through it all Lucy came to realize (or "realise," as it is in the book) what truly was important.

Overall I really enjoyed this book. It's the perfect summer read. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves Jennifer Weiner!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucy Springer Gets Even.

07/05/2010 page 1
show 5 hidden updates…

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Heidke Hi Heather,
Thanks for your comments re Lucy. I loved writing Lucy's character and was sad when her journey came to an end. Interesting that you say her story ended a few chapters too early. I have been tossing around whether to write a sequel. Lucy has got so much life and energy...I'm sure there are several more chapters waiting to be told...I just haven't written them yet.

Heather I would love to read her continued story! :-)