Lindsey's Reviews > Trickster's Choice

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce

1980279
Jun 07, 10

bookshelves: young-adult-lit-books

Aly is the daughter of the famed lioness of Tortal and the King's spymaster. She wants to follow in her father's footsteps to become a spy as well, but neither her father or mother will give her a chance. Aly goes on a sail to blow off steam after a fight about this, but is captured by pirates and sold into slavery. Eventually she winds up in the service of the Balitangs and the trickster god Kyproeth enters a wager with her. If she can keep the Balitang children alive for the summer she the god will ensure that she can become a spy. I won't give more of the story away.
This book is really interesting if you have read the others in the series which are companion prequels to the book. It makes sense without the other books, but is not nearly as engaging or interesting. If the other books have been read the book would rate four stars. I was a little disappointed that I didn't like Tamora Pierce as much as I used to, but I think that for the age group she writes for these books are very well done for the most part. I would definitely not start by reading this book though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Choice.