Alex's Reviews > Immortal War

Immortal War by Justin Somper

Jun 27, 11

Read in June, 2011

Ever since I picked up the very first book in the Vampirates series I have been throughly enraptured in that world. I live in the US so ever since 2009 I have had the books shipped from the UK just so I wouldn't have to wait the extra 1+ months associated with the book release dates. Today, I recieved Immortal War in the mail and I was a little hesitant to read it honestly. The previous book in the series, Empire of Night was my least favorite and I was worried where Justin was taking the characters. (Let me point out that I love Lorcan so I do have a slight bias) But as soon as I recieved Immortal War I knew that Justin wouldn't let me down.
Immortal War was basically the title. The Pirates and the Nocturnals are facing the final assalt against the Vampirates. Lady Lola and Sidorio have a huge empire against the Nocturnals and Allies and an immentant war comes. The first half of the book focuses on tying up previous plot lines from previous books, characters internal battles, and rising tension revolving around the war. With about 80 pages left in the book I swear I had witnessed the climax! But nope, Justin wasn't done toying with my emotions yet. The last 100 pages or so are completely breathtaking, I swear I was shocked every 15 seconds. I don't want to give anything away but they were quite compelling. Of coarse some major characters die, not giving away names, and that was sad but I didn't cry. By the end of the book Justin ties all the story lines to a close and I honestly thought he did it wonderfully.
Overall, if you havn't read any of the Vampirate books I suggest you start from the begining and work your way through these fantastic books. They truly are books for all ages, I started reading them in 7th grade and now I am going into 12th grade and they have never lost their touch. I hope other people will enjoy them as much as I have! Trust the tide.

I also wanted to add that this book was really amazing to me. I believe that any true Somper fan will agree with me and I would not be able to be an American that doesn't hit up amazon.co.uk! I thought this series ended perfectly and I thought I'd feel sad about these coming to an end but really I feel quite calm. I am completely content :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal War.

Quotes Alex Liked

Justin Somper
“Lorcan nodded, "It'ss a beautiful night," he said. "The stars have all come out for you, Darcy." He turned to go, then had a fresh thought. "Oh and Tempest, a word to the wise..."
Grace was busily gathering up the edges of Darcy's train. "Yes?" she said, glancing up at Lorcan. "What is it Furey?"
Lorcan grinned."Just so you know, I've put down good money on you catching the wedding bouquet. I trust you wouldn't let me down!"
as he winked at her, Grace thought his eyes never looked so blue. They were eyes you could never tire from looking at- as deep and constant and infinite as the ocean itself.”
Justin Somper, Immortal War

Justin Somper
“Stuckley drew back his sword with evident satisfaction. "She really is your Achilles' heel, isn't she Furey?"
"No." Lorcan said, preparing his own attack. "Not my Achilles' heel.The love of my life. And I'll do whatever it takes to protect her.”
Justin Somper, Immortal War

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aras Redan Is Grace immortal? Does she stop ageing at 15?