Nic's Reviews > Trial by Fire

Aug 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011, wolves, review-copy, series, young-adult, read-in-2011
Read from August 05 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy

Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite Quote: I could feel his heart beating, feel his mind and thoughts blending with my own as the two of us stood there, bathed in the moonlight and feeling its effects like a drug.
Whoever Chase was, he was mine.

There is a lot of good werewolves books out there but the Raised by Wolves series would have to be my absolute favourite. So I was a little nervous about book two but it didn't disappoint with it pulse pounding plot and awesome characters.

Barnes writing is fast paced and engaging. I love how even though werewolves tales are a popular genre Barnes still manages to make it seem fresh and unique making for such an exceptional read. Trial by Fire has a solid plot that is filled with action, suspense and plenty of unexpected delicious twists.

My favourite part of this series is Bryn. I like that even though her life is full of danger she is drama free. Just likeable and down to earth character who is strong, brave and a great leader. There is a distinctive bunch of secondary characters who are just as fantastic. All the characters are fighters and the underdogs. They never back down and always try to do what is right. You can't help admire this constantly entertaining pack and love the strength of their friendship and loyalty to each other.

Another thing I love is that this series always ends perfectly. It wraps things up nicely but at the same time leaves you wanting more. If only all series could end like these.

Overall, Trial by Fire is enthralling and exciting tale. If you haven't read this series yet and are a fan of all things paranormal and supernatural, I recommend you pick it up immediately.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trial by Fire.

08/06/2011 page 290

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Love this cover! Can't wait for this book :)

~Tina~ Ohhhhhhh!! So is this better then the first? You hooked me with the first book, I just need to get this one!

message 3: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic This is just as amazing twinie!!!! You will love it. I love that Bryn, she is a such a smart and strong leader. I will write my review this week :)

~Tina~ ~bounces~ I'm looking forward to it twinie!! I wonder if there will be a third book?

message 5: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Yes I am pretty sure. No cliffhanger but you can tell there will be more!

She has another new book coming out that sounds good Every Other Day

message 6: by Limonessa (new) - added it

Limonessa Yay! I've had this book on my shelf for a while now. Maybe it's time I pick it up. Thanks for the review!

Cindy One of my favorite werewolf books too. Will be curious to see what happens in the next book!:)

message 8: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic @ Lisa O - Definitely give it a read. It is one of the best paranormal series out there IMO :)

@ Cindy - I am excited for the next book too. I wonder how long we will have to wait.

~Tina~ Sounds good twinie! Awesome review as always. I hope my lib gets this in sooooon! Ohhh and Every Other Day sounds really good as well!

message 10: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Thanks Twinie! You will love this :)

~Tina~ Hey twinie! Just finished this book and I really loved it. I got a question though-

Spoiler!! No looky!!

(view spoiler)

Can't wait for the next one!

message 12: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Twinie, (No peeking for those who haven't read it very important) (view spoiler). I wonder how long we will have to wait for the next one?

~Tina~ Yay's! That's what I thought. (view spoiler)

I'm not sure when the next one will be, but I'm super excited for it. Such a terrific series!

I'm gonna start Barnes other book; Every Other Day sometime next week:)

Tabitha Munyaka i'm currently readin it!~ i dont even know what it is about