Larissa's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Jun 07, 2010

bookshelves: own
Read in May, 2010

If you had only one day left to live how would you spend it?

It's Friday February 12th and Sam is reliving the same day over and over again. But despite all she does and all she tries the day always ends the same; with death. As an eighteen year old Sam typically spends her Fridays at to school, or skipping it, and her Friday nights at parties and this day is no exception.

With each day that Sam relives she realises she has a choice and each choice leads her to discover something new about herself and those around her; to discover what is truly important. Things may not turn out as Sam might expect them to but she learns to accept that everything, good or bad, happens for a reason. For Sam who is still so young and has yet to live she is given only a handful of days to learn how to live, how to love and how to die.

If you had only one day left to live how would you spend it?

Before I Fall love will be found, too late the truth will be discovered, but just in time hope will be realised. Sometimes it's easy to forget that everyone has their secrets and their fears, that everyone just wants to belong. Our every action however insignificant to us affects those around us with consequence we cannot begin to realise. A reflective story that shows its never too late.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.