Paul's Reviews > The Brothers Karamazov

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Mar 28, 11

Read from June 06, 2010 to March 28, 2011

Yeah, definitely one of the best books ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brothers Karamazov.

06/06/2010 page 100
08/06/2010 page 163
21.0% "It's picking up now that I've gotten into the flow of things."
08/20/2010 page 203
26.0% "Chernomazov, I get it! My terrible Ukrainian is coming in handy!"
09/12/2010 page 236
30.0% "Alyosha has a habit (heh) of running away at the end of every convers----enough! I must find Dimitri!"
09/19/2010 page 265
34.0% "Well good ol' Alyoshenka hasn't found Dimitri, but he did get a paradigm-shifting talk from Ivan. "The Grand Inquisitor" for future reference. And in the end, Lyosha continues his streak of running somewhere at the end of each chapter."
10/09/2010 page 295
38.0% "Zosima nooo! Good thing Lyosha wrote this stuff down!"
01/09/2011 page 445
57.0% "One ladjak doesn't make a Poland."
01/17/2011 page 472
61.0% ""Eh, gentlemen, why pick on such little things: how, when, why, and precisely this much money and not that much, and all that claptrap ... if you keep on, it'll take you three volumes and an epilogue to cram it all in." - Dostoevsky is pretty meta."
01/22/2011 page 500
64.0% ""Yet he himself felt that he could hardly hold himself upright, and at times everything seemed to start swimming and turning before his eyes. 'A little more and I'll probably start raving,' he thought to himself." - About 500 pages too late for that thought Mitya..."
02/01/2011 page 563
73.0% ""But, good heavens, the classics have been translated into all languages, therefore there was absolutely no need for Latin in order to study the classics, they needed it only as a police measure and to dull one's faculties." *reads BK in English*"
03/28/2011 page 747
96.0% "Let other nations have the letter and punishment, we have the spirit and meaning, the salvation and regeneration of the lost. And if so, if such indeed are Russia and her courts, then-- onward, Russia!"
show 7 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daveski (new)

Daveski One of my favorites, too. It's been about 7 years since I've read it, so I think I'm due for a re-read soon.