AmandaSOTP's Reviews > Darkborn

F 50x66
Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: read-2010
Read in August, 2010

This book really moves along. While it took me a while to read it, it wasn’t the books fault so much as I just didn’t have time to sit down and read it in one fell swoop. The characters are well developed and in just a short amount of time it’s easy to find yourself lost in their world. Sinclair uses a concept of two peoples one who cannot survive in the light, the Darkborn, and one who cannot survive without it, the Lightborn. The two groups maintain a semblance of peace from this curse for many years until all that they hold dear could be shattered by the outliers, the Shadowborn.

Sinclair takes an atmosphere where old technologies are still new, and entwines her peoples in a well thought out manner. She takes in to consideration how these two so seemingly different groups afflicted and benefited by the light can co-exist and at times form alliances with the other. The Darkborn are sightless and with the development of their senses, they are able to interact and move around with sonn, in simplest terms, a sonar-like sense. Although most of the time, if Sinclair didn’t mention it, you wouldn’t realize that these people are blind.

To avoid any spoilers, I’m not going to elaborate much more, but this is a book worth reading. I look forward to Lightborn, and the forthcoming Shadowborn. Sinclair has a unique and interesting trilogy that is in your best interest to check out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkborn.