Alycia's Reviews > At the Bride Hunt Ball

At the Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker

Oct 24, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, kindle-books, favorites, author-olivia-parker
Recommended to Alycia by: Dhes

I absolutely loved this book, thanks Dhestiny for the rec.

Madelyn Heywood wants to be a spinster. She is tired of the marriage mart and her heartless and controlling stepmother plotting ways to increase her own social status. Madelyn also wants to guard her heart, because love can surely only break one's heart. At her last season she gets invited with her shy wallflower friend, Charlotte to the Duke of Wolverest's mansion for a two week stay with a handful of bride hopefuls for the Duke's younger brother,Tristan, a selfish wastrel who needs to settle down and change his ways, as well as solidifying himself as the Duke's heir for the Duke has no desire to marry himself.

The Duke, Gabriel Devine, wants to remain single rather than look for a perfect love however, he can't help but be intrigued by Madelyn. A lady who is all "wrong" in society's eyes because she is clumsy, speaks her mind, and gasp, has red hair. But these differences start out as an attraction, eventually blossom into a deep love. There are a few twists and turns to this story, which I will not reveal. The humor in this story kind of reminds me of Sarah MacLean's Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. I enjoyed the cast of secondary characters and can't wait to see them in future books as well as hope a few will get their own stories.

If you are looking for a really good light regency with some humor and an HEA, I definitely recommend this one. I am looking forward to reading Charlotte's story in To Wed a Wicked Earl and will keep Parker on my autobuy list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At the Bride Hunt Ball.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Oct 24, 2010 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... You're welcome, Alycia! I'm glad you loved it. I thought it was funny and sexy and exciting! A great read :) Now you have to read To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker :)

Great review!

Alycia UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "You're welcome, Alycia! I'm glad you loved it. I thought it was funny and sexy and exciting! A great read :) Now you have to read To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker :)

Great review!"

Thanks! :) I've already started it... I couldn't wait. Is book 3 going to be about Rosalind?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Yes, it is. I don't remember when it comes out though... something about a Notorious Lady...

Alycia End of may :(
Guarding a Notorious Lady by Olivia Parker

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Hah! Great minds think alike! LOL

Alycia LOL, yes!

Cheryl Great review! I adored this one as well!

Alycia Thanks so much Cheryl! :)