Angela's Reviews > Too Good to Be True

Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins

Jun 06, 10

This title fits the book. I really liked Kristan Higgins latest novel: "The Next Best Thing," and was hoping this story would be just as good, but my hopes were . . . well . . . too good to be true.

I just didn't get how the two main characters got together. I mean, yeah, sure, the protagonist was super sweet and perfect and nice to her family. But to the potential love interest she was constantly demeaning, insulting, and rude. And while it was clear that the lead character, Grace, secretly lusted after Callahan O'Cain, I couldn't figure out how he knew to even try with her. If I were a guy and the girl next door treated me like that, I would just assume she hated me, end of story.

I also found the book too bogged down with details about stuff I didn't really care about. At one point in time I was skimming through chapters, reading only dialogue and skipping everything in between. Frankly, I got kind of bored. Maybe I have a short attention span.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.

Lili No Angela, you don't have short attention span and if you do then you're not alone, I think the book stalled too.

I also think Grace was awful to Callahan when she met him... and when they were dating she got worse!
Yes, he was in jail... so what???... she wasn't so perfect herself either... I'd be very proud of how he managed her family and love him for taking all that crap from her.

I do not agree with you about the protagonist being super sweet to her family, to me she was more like a doormat!

message 2: by Angela (last edited Sep 20, 2011 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angela Well, yeah, she did have major boundary issues, but she loved them.