Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Prom and Prejudice

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Lizzie hates her high school, Longbourn Academy. It's full of snobby girls who refuse to give her a chance because she doesn't come from their world. Lizzie's there on a musical scholarship. The other girls make her life miserable at every turn - all except Charlotte, the other scholarship student, and Jane, her roommate.

During the second semester, everyone becomes obsessed with prom. The girls wear designer dresses and date only the best boys from Pemberley Academy. Jane hopes to go with Charles, who just returned from a semester abroad. Jane can't wait to see him.

Soon, they're together all the time. Jane persuades Lizzie to hang out with them, even though she and Charles's best friend, Will, didn't get off on the right foot.

When Lizzie meets Wick, and Lydia, Jane's younger sister, makes a spectacle of herself at an upperclassman party, Charles begins to pull away. Jane's devastated. Lizzie tries to console her, but she's involved in her own drama with Wick, Will Darcy, and the snotty girls who live to torment her.

I'm a Jane Austen freak and I love prom novels, so I was super-excited to read this. I also loved THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB, Eulberg's debut novel. PROM & PREJUDICE was amazing. I devoured it as soon as it arrived. I LOVED the book. I loved the differences and the similarities between PRIDE & PREJUDICE. I loved Lizzie and Jane's relationship. I loved EVERYTHING.

As soon as I finished reading, I gave a happy sigh of contentment. It was simply...magical!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom and Prejudice.