~Tina~'s Reviews > Crave

Crave by Laura J. Burns

Sep 22, 11

bookshelves: cover-crazz, read-2011, wanted-to-love-but-couldn-t, bite-me, young-adult
Read from September 21 to 22, 2011

I really wanted to love this book. I mean, just look at that gorgeous cover!?!? But sadly, I didn't like our main protag Shay. She's just such a negative and bitter person all around. When she was sick she thinks everyone is just nice to her cause of her illness and when she's well she almost uses it as an excuse to be a bitch. Not to mention I couldn't believe what she did to her friend. I know I know I'm suppose to sympathize with the fact that she's been held down her entire life cause her illness, blah blah blah, but she's not a very likable character, in fact, there isn't one thing positive I can say about her.
The concept was pretty cool though. It's a different take on a vamp story, I'll say that much, but other then that, I just didn't find this as entertaining as I'd hoped it would be.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.

~Tina~ I LOVE this cover!!

message 2: by Nic (new)

Nic Me too! Sounds good too :)

~Tina~ It's sounds different. I likey different, plus it's Vamp's so this should be good!
btw... the guy on the front is hawt!

message 4: by Alexa (last edited Jun 06, 2010 03:01PM) (new) - added it

Alexa ^He sure is. :3

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F I love how you guys say he's hot and only half his face is showing. What of the other half has some kind of deformity, hmmm? Or maybe he's Two-Face!!
Nevermind...Two-Face is good-lookin' anyway...

message 6: by ~Tina~ (last edited Jun 06, 2010 04:04PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

~Tina~ That's fine with me baby, just as long as those pretty eyes keeps staring! Love the tat, love the eyes, this guy is hawt! LOL

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F I didn't even SEE the tattoo! (I couldn't distinguish it from the shado)

Okay, I'm on board now. This guy is HAWT

Arlene Where do you find these books??? This sounds really good. Adding it to my TBR.

~Tina~ LOL Morgan! Gotta love a man with a tat;)

I think Alex added it, then Kim, then Nic so of course I saw it then added it myself, now Morgan and then you my love.
Don't you just LOVE the goodreads friend TBR book chain?? LOL
~sings~ I get by with a little help from my friends~ Tehe!

message 10: by ~Tina~ (last edited Jun 06, 2010 04:21PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

~Tina~ LOL Morgan! Gotta love a man with a tat;)

I think Alexa added it, then Nic so of course I saw it then added it myself, now Morgan and then you my love.
Don't you just LOVE the goodreads friend TBR book chain?? LOL
~sings~ I get by with a little help from my friends~ Tehe!

Arlene Don't you just LOVE the goodreads friend TBR book chain?? LOL

I sure do!! It's a beautiful thing. :)

message 12: by Nomes (new)

Nomes sounds like a lame MC :/

hope you find a better book to read soon

~Tina~ Yeah, she wasn't very nice. I'm gonna take a short break from reading. Four bad books in a row is all I can take right now:(

Arlene I completely agree with your review. I didn't like Shay either. I couldn't finish this one, as much as I tried I left it unfinished. Sorry it was a dud for you.

~Tina~ I should have chucked it when I saw your and Crystal's review. Ah well.

Arlene You gave it a try. Good for you. I thought I was just in a bad book mood when I read it, but I guess that wasn't it.

~Tina~ Nope, it looks like you guys were right about it. Oh well, it's one less book on my shelf, right?
;)

Crystal Sorry this one didn't work out for you =( We are all in the same boat though so you are in good company lol. I hope your next 10 books are great!!

~Tina~ lol Thanks Crystal!:) I hope my next 10 books are great as well Tehe!

Arlene Ditto! :)