Wanessa's Reviews > I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Oct 02, 2010

bookshelves: guru, self-realization, spirituality
Recommended to Wanessa by: Thibaut Ji
Read from December 20, 2009 to October 02, 2010 — I own a copy

"Meditation is a SATTVIC activity and aims at complete elimination of TAMAS (inertia) and RAJAS (motivity). Pure SATTVA (harmony) is perfect freddom from sloth and restlessness,
The SATTVA is pure and strong always. It;s its own goal. It manifests spontaneosly and effortlessly, when things are left to themselves, are not interfered with, not shunned, or wanted, or conceptualized, but just experienced in full awarness. Such awarness itself is SATTVA. it does not make use of things and people - it fulfills them."

"Consciousness is power. be aware of what need to be done and it will be done. Only keep alert - and quiet. Once you reach your destination and know your real nature, your exstence becmoes a blessing to all. You may not know, nor will the world know, yet the help irradiates. There are people in the world who do more good them everybody. They radiate light and peacewith no intention or knowledge. taking nothing as their own, they are neither proud, nor do they crave for reputation. They are just unable to desire anything for themselves, not even the joy of helping others knowing that God is good they are at peace."
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am That.

message 1: by Giovanni (new) - added it

Giovanni Gigliozzi Bianco Tenho lido muitos excertos desse mestre fantástico. Wanessa, você tem a versão impressa desse livro? Estou à procura.
Há uma página da editora, no facebook, que publica quase diariamente excertos dele. Você conhece?
Abraço!