A.B. Gayle's Reviews > Echoes of the Future

Echoes of the Future by A.B. Gayle

Jun 06, 2010

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: books-i-wrote, first-person-pov

OK. Maybe I shouldn't rate a book with my own story in with five stars. But hey, if the author can't rate it that high why would anyone bother to read it????
LOL. Grins. Blushes and ducks for cover.
To me the other stories warrant this book being given a great rating. Thanks to Alex Voinov for inviting me to come on board. "Reversal" will always hold a special place in my heart as it was the first story I had published.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes of the Future.

message 1: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov Naughy, naughty. :)

message 2: by Amara (new) - added it

Amara LOL, you rate books with your own stories in them? Should I ask which story you think is the best?

*laughs* with a review like that... how can I NOT want to read it. I'm sold. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like all the stories in this antho but one got really good reviews by Jessewave. I'm throwing it on the ever growing TBR list

message 4: by A.B. (last edited Jun 17, 2010 02:47PM) (new) - added it

A.B. Gayle I'm actually pretty critical of my own writing. I'm always tweaking my work in progress, even after it's "finished" because something can always be improved.
I tend to look at what other authors do "better" than me and aspire to reach their heights.
I'm not nearly as good as writing "hot" sex as Aleks and Jude for example. "Reversal" is pretty sex-lite one might say, which suits the lighter tone.
Aleks writes great male characters. I have to be constantly reminded to "man em up dude".
Kate has created a wonderful setting and place for her characters. She's a great writer, craft-wise as well.
Does that answer your question? LOL.

message 5: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov Yeah, but if you're not believing it's worth 4-5 stars, why would you put it out at all? :)

But whether to rate or not to rate is a matter of faith. I don't, some do. :)

message 6: by Amara (new) - added it

Amara A.B. wrote: "I'm actually pretty critical of my own writing. I'm always tweaking my work in progress, even after it's "finished" because something can always be improved.
I tend to look at what other authors do..."

I can't imagine how you guys do it. I do photography. I swear I work them to death. I'm not even an author, but if I try to write anything, I can't stop reworking it. I drive myself nuts! I couldn't imagine a book... I'd shut down or something.

I can't wait to get to this book. Just can't seem to find much reading time lately.

message 7: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov That's where the huge ego comes in. "This is good." *kicks out of the door. "Next one."