Michael's Reviews > I Heart You, You Haunt Me

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Jun 06, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read on June 05, 2010

It took me about forty-five minutes to read this book. That's the fastest I've ever read anything.

This novel follows a teenager named Ava, a girl mourning the death of her boyfriend, Jackson. About thirty pages in, we find out that Jackson can (somehow) communicate with Ava, by opening/closing cupboards, turning on the CD player, lighting candles, writing on bouncy balls (?), etc. But, of course, he can't materialize himself to where Ava can see him.

And that's basically what goes on throughout the duration of this novel. I still liked it, but I think it went way too quickly for me to become attached to any of the characters and/or what they were going through. At least with Ellen Hopkins' novels (which are also written in verse, like this one) we have 600+ pages to get attached to the characters and plot, not 226 barely-filled pages.

Nevertheless, I ultimately recommend it and am starting Chasing Brooklyn tomorrow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me.