Cherise's Reviews > Chasing Perfect

Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery

Jun 07, 10

bookshelves: arc-or-review-copy, romance
Read from June 05 to 07, 2010

Charity Jones has just been hired as the new city planner for a small town called Fool’s Gold. Having spent most of her life moving from city to city with her single mom, Charity longs to put down roots and settle into small town life. Fool’s Gold is perfect for her. Though one thing seems to be amiss, Fool’s Gold has a man shortage! The mayor wants Charity to help get some businesses and some men back into the town.

Professional cyclist and sports celebrity, Josh Golden, has come back to his hometown after retiring from cycling. Fool’s Gold is happy to have their hero back and there is no shortage of women waiting to get a chance with Josh. Though Charity can’t deny their chemical attraction, she isn’t willing to put her heart on the line for a flashy celebrity that doesn’t scream stability.

Chasing Perfect was a cute and sexy start to this new series. The small town life has everyone knowing everyone’s business and throws up a few obstacles for our hero and heroine here and there. I liked the chemistry between the leads and look forward to reading more about the secondary characters. The author did a wonderful job of tying everyone in and giving us a big enough glimpse of what’s to come to make us yearn for more.

On top of the romance and sizzle there are a few secrets and a little mystery to make the book even more enjoyable. I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to set down. Fool’s Gold is a town full of promising characters, and I can’t wait to read what happens next.

Cherise Everhard, June 2010
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Perfect.