Sandy Williams's Reviews > The Demon's Lexicon

Jun 05, 10

bookshelves: 2009, young-adult
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** *Major Spoiler*

I really loved Nick in the beginning of the book. He just seemed so broken. I wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything would be okay. Then, about the middle of the book, his apathy really turned me off. I wanted his character to develop and to feel *something* but that never happened. Of course, I know why that didn't happen now, but I set the book down and didn't touch it for about a week b/c of his lack of feelings.

I also never liked Mae. She was supposed to be some kind of love interest, but she was so blah. I never cared about her, and the only reason I think she was needed in the story was so we could meet her brother, Jamie, who is awesome.

The last three chapters saved the book, IMO. I suspected Nick's father or mother was a demon, I didn't expect him to be the demon. That was an awesome twist, and it completely explained why Nick never developed feelings. Now I'm intrigued. I want to learn if a demon can develop feelings or if Nick can find his human soul.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Lexicon.