Kristi's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own, favorites
Read from May 01 to 03, 2011

WOW. WOW.... no really, just wow. Could not put it down... and I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!

One of my favorites books this year, no question about it!

I've been trying to write this review for the last two hours... and nothing is coming to mind but "AWESOME" and "WOW" and "WOW".... did I say wow? I apologize that this review is going to be incoherent, and mostly fangirly, but that's the state of mind this book has left me in! I'm in shock of its spectacular-ness. Is that even a word?

I'll admit it, it was the cover that first drew my attention.... I read the summary and my first thought was, meh. Yes, I'll admit it, meh. Then I started hearing all the hype. When I went to a signing, in March, a few bloggers were talking about how fantastic it was. I'm always leery of hype for some reason.

Needless to say, I picked it up, and I'm SO GLAD that I did. You should pick it up too!

There are many things that make this a great book. The story, the characters the writing. It wasn't just one thing that stood out to me, this was a perfect mesh of all the things that make a book unforgettable.

When I talk about connecting with characters, this is the type of book I'm talking about. I don't mean, connection in a way of relating to them. I mean connection in a way that these characters meant something to me, that I felt their pain, their happiness, their despair. I cared what happened to them. That's what connection means to me. Divergent gave me that and so much more.

What a talented author. What an unforgettable book.

If you didn't buy it yesterday, go get it today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam So anxious to see your review of this one!

Aryelle Ugh, I can't wait to pick up this book! I almost did, but I am actually going to the signing in Chicago and want to wait until then... *sighs*

Amanda Read the first 100 pages on the publisher website and have the book pre-ordered. Cannot wait!

message 4: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo I'm reading this too--SO GOOD!

Willow I read this one a while back, and I'm so glad you liked it! It's one of my favourites, easily.

Isabel SQUEE!!! I ordered it on Tuesday... I cannot WAIT. :D:D

Karel OMG im reading it now and its F***ING AMAZING

Heaven is a bookstore I felt the same way!!

Nicolette I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY RIGHT NOW!

Crystal i 100 millian bagillian % agree with you this book and its sequal war just WOW I coulden't put it down! i read both in a matter of a few days and can't wait till the third I'm going to be sad when the series is over.

Becki This sums up my thoughts almost exactly (right down to it being so hyped). Great job!

Rym I totally agree! This book was AWESOME! ;)

KelseyKES This book is my favourite! I love the characters so much! Great Review!

message 14: by Haya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haya MB Which faction would you choose?

message 15: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara Does anyone know when the movie is coming out?

Heaven is a bookstore Re-reading it during my trip in alaska

Hannah @Tara, the movie is coming out on March the 21st next year!! I'm so excited!

DivergentFanGirrrl I cant agree with you more. I LOVE THIS BOOK. I have read it 13 times!!!! IM still not tired of it!!!! And im 12!!!!! You should read insurgent (divergent#2) Its truly amazing!!!!!

message 19: by Zairra (new) - added it

Zairra DC Do you know any more nice scifi love books like this? I so couldnt stop reading the series and it kinda got me hooked god! HAHA XX

Abigail OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! Why does everyone hate it?

message 21: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Derrick Best book ever! When someone says they hate it, I want to KILL them!!!

Abigail Same...