Kolleen's Reviews > Dismantled

Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon

2195113

Dismantled is a book about four college friends who start a weird and controversial 'activist' group called the Compassionate Dismantlers, in which they take things apart in order to discover the way they work. These ideas are led by Suz, the group leader and the one that comes up with all these crazy ideas. One of the ideas goes to far, and during that time, Suz ends up dying and being thrown in the lake (no spoilers here! This much we know from the first few chapters). What we don't know is how and why Suz died, and this makes for a suspenseful page-turner for the rest of the book.

I have read all of McMahon's books, and she has quickly become one of my favorite authors. None of her books can really make the five-star list, but this certainly came close. Her books are always very strange, murder-mystery, ghost storyish (not to mention always with a hint of some form of homosexuality), which I think is what makes her books so much fun. This was certainly one of her best ones though!

What I loved most about this book is that it kept you guessing right up until the end, the last second to be exact! I love how it all turned out, and I loved who Danner turned out to be after all, what a great twist! Overall, very strange, but very good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dismantled.