CorLostForWords's Reviews > The 9th Judgment

The 9th Judgment by James Patterson

Jun 13, 10

Read from June 05 to 08, 2010

The book starts out with three seemingly unrelated crimes. We get to see Detective Lindsay Boxer, as well as the rest of the Women's Murder Club, interact and help solve these crimes. This book really goes to show you how small the world really is. All of the key players are present and accounted for; however I found that this installment seemed to be lacking in the "Women's Murder Club" details, and seemed to focus more on following Lindsay around as she tries to solve these crimes with her partner, Rich Conklin.
The plot was fast paced and engaging. The chapters were short and to the point. They jumped from one case to the next and back again rapidly, however you are kept up to speed and can follow along easily. I enjoyed the scenes where we saw more interaction between the 4 women.
I am finding that I enjoy the Women's Murder Club series more so than the others that Patterson has written. I really like the personalities of the 4 women, and think they all play off of one another quite well. However, courtesy of the TV show, the only thing that I am having an issue with now is picturing Lindsay with blonde hair.
All in all, this is definitely one of the better books in the series, and it is well worth the read. The only disclaimer I'll mention is some might find the murders particularly gruesome as they are aimed at, as the tagline says, "women and children first".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 9th Judgment.

06/05/2010 page 106