UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...'s Reviews > Lean on Me

Lean on Me by Cherise Sinclair

This is the fourth book in the Masters of the Shadowlands series and we finally get to have Cullen’s story. From the beginning, I loved this bartenders laid back manner. His easy, sexy smile and wicked sense of humor has made him one of the most popular Masters at the Shadowlands. Not interested in any kind of relationship that involves commitment, Cullen is content to enjoy the “fruits of his labors” at the club, and as the head of the sub trainee program, he’s got more than enough "fruit" to pick from.

Andrea Eriksson wants to be dominated, but her street tough ways aren’t exactly conducive to submission. She doesn’t like answering questions or asking for help. What she needs is to find herself a Dom who can deal with her take no crap attitude and not try to change her… or that’s what she thinks, anyway. Lucky for Andrea, her best friend Antonio is owed a favor by none other than our very own Shadowlands bartender. And what does Antonio want? He wants Master Cullen to accept Andrea into the Shadlowland's sub trainee program. For many different reasons, this makes the bartender very, very unhappy.

Having found myself instantly attracted to Cullen all the way back in the first book of the series, and having that attraction grow with each subsequent book, I was sure his story would be amazing. However, I really did not like Andrea at all, and so I found fault with everything she did and at no time was I hoping for them to get their happily ever after.

That said, Cullen did manage to have enough good sense not be caught up in her drama, knowing what he was and wasn’t willing to put up with. If he had just stuck around ooohing and cooing at her I would have been totally put off by the story because that’s just not true to his character. In the end, I was pleased with the turn of events that led Andrea to see the light and realize what she needed to do to get what she wanted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lean on Me.

11/12/2013 marked as: own-need-to-read
11/12/2013 marked as: own-have-read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rach~The Highlander luverrr no way .. you are already up to no.4 .. are they that good?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... They are very good, in my opinion. Keep in mind they're shorter. Book 1 is only 123 pages, and book 4 just about 200. But still really good.

Rach~The Highlander luverrr ow short reads.. i always find there isnt enough charecter development in short reads .. but i have these on my TBR list ..

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I agree with you about character development in shorter reads. The thing about the first couple of books in this series is that the plot is simple, so there's not a lot of page time spent on that, and instead it can go to characters. That said, this is a series about sex. LOL You just need to go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

~~~Heather S.~~~ ITA I loved Cullen from the start!!

Jill Wilson Great review. Glad to see I am not the only one who didn't care for Andrea. I felt like Master Cullen deserved better. But I am happy with how it all worked out in the end. It just seemed to take forever to get there.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Jill! It's so hard when a hero is amazing - which Cullen was - from the start, but you have to learn to care about the heroine. In my mind, it takes FOREVER for me to come to accept them as MY Dom's sub.

Jill Wilson Haha...true that! :)