BJ Rose's Reviews > Definitely Dead

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

2030200
Jun 12, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, paranormal, shapeshifters, summer-challenge, urban-fantasy
Read from June 10 to 12, 2010

It's nice to know that vampires can't come back as ghost once they're definitely dead!
I knew i was liking this book more than the previous ones in the series when I got really involved in the story well before the halfway mark, thus my 4* rating. And in this book I may have found a good reason for continuing the Sookie series! I found the earlier books to be easy reads, but of the I-can-take-them-or-leave-them variety. But this one got me more involved for a variety of reasons - Sookie went to New Orleans and I could relate to that, altho I may never listen to New Orleans jazz in the same way again, since she states that many of those musicians can't see the light of day. And I liked seeing more of and learning more about Claudine, who turns out to be Sookie's fairy godmother. I got a good laugh when Sookie asks, 'You mean things could have been worse?!' Mainly, tho, I think it was because of Quinn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Definitely Dead.

06/11/2010 page 126
39.0% "Sookie just had her first date with Quinn - who makes me think of Yul Brynner - bald and so sexy!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ You should like All Together Dead then. The Queen has Eric take Sookie with them to the vampire summit at Rhodes. They stay in a vampire hotel that's in a shape of a pyramid. Quinn is in charge of special events for the summit.

BJ Rose Good to know. I was glad to see her tell Bill to get permanently lost - or does he still crop up?