Rachel's Reviews > Sizzling Sixteen

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Jun 25, 10

Read on June 24, 2010

Why do I keep reading these? The Stephanie Plum series jumped the shark about ten years ago, after book six. Those first books are some of my favorites of all time, however, so I keep going even though I ought to know better.
It bothers me that Stephanie's never getting older, and she doesn't get wiser. And at this point, there's nothing "sizzling" about her attraction to Ranger. Ranger has weird, stilted dialogue, and all of their flirting is robotic and unnecessary. Morelli shows up just often enough to let you know he's still there. Lula is fun, but why does Stephanie listen to her? Why does Stephanie do anything she does? I keep hoping one of these years Janet Evanovich will announce the series is ending. I know Stephanie's been good to you, Janet, but move on with your life. So I can move on with mine.
50 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sizzling Sixteen.

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dowd This post made me giggle. Just a thought: stop reading them...like I could say that and not apply it to myself...yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

Rachel You're right, I know you're right, but I can't help it! I'll probably read the next Sookie book, too, even though I hated the last one...it's a sickness.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dowd the last sookie was a bit odd for me too, not horrible but not fantastic.

Kate I agree I got sucked into this series and I loved it so much I would be laughing out loud at the book (to very strange looks from my non reader husband) but this book and the last few have just left me with a little "eh" feeling about them. Where did the fun go Janet. I'm sucked in and I want it back there is no way I can just STOP reading what if they get good again and I miss it.

Beth "My name is Beth..."
Room: "Hi, Beth"
"I'm a Plumaholic and Stackhousaholic."

Sheri Ertuncay I agree the last couple have been repeative, I think I keep hanging on to hear more about Ranger. I think Ranger should give up the one word babe becausr its getting old.

Chris Sheri, I so agree. I'm getting really tired of trying to decide what "Babe" means when he says it. Beginning to think it's being used because author can't think of any dialogue to put there. Also, no grown man that looks that good would hang on to someone so immature without getting sex. Morelli, I understand. He has a hope that one day she will grow up and want to get married, but I would still tell him he needs to move on. I blame myself for continuing to buy the books. If I didn't buy them, maybe she would stop writing them or at least put some thought into them.

Janet If you don't like an authors work quit reading her works! Many of us still enjoy this for what it is meant to be, light and fluffy. Many times I have needed Janet Evanovich's books to take my mind off of troubles and that's just what she does. She lightens my load. Quit hoping she's going to quit the series. Just don't read them.
DUH!!!!

Christa me too. I've waiting on Ranger, but I guess if it hasn't happened for the last 10 novels, then I guess it never will. ho hum