Shellie Brewer's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Sep 02, 10

bookshelves: 2010-books-i-have-read
Read in August, 2010

was very anxious to get this book and had to buy it the day it came out. Mockingjay was different then the first two books where Hunger Games and Catching fire were mainly on the games in the arena and everything Katniss went through during those games. This book deals with the aftermath of the Hunger Games and Katniss trying to come to grips with the things she has done to others to stay alive. Mockingjay started right were Catching Fire ended. I love this book but I also have to be honest it was not as good as the first two books but the first two books were perfect so the third is still an awesome book and a must read. Katniss and Gale and Peete were always so strong during the first two books and seeing them cope and deal with everything that has happened it was hard to see them struggling. Everyone in this last book had changed and not for the better. I do like how this book does wrap everything up for you and you know how Katniss and Peete life turns out. I do wish I would have some more information on Gale. Did Gale's life go on to live happy with someone and did he ever come and see Katniss again when she went back to district 12. At the end I did shed some tears and will not give it away as to why but it was a very sad part and one I did not expect. I do feel that the final book completed the story for me. All three books are a journey that I absolutely loved. My nine year old is too young to read these but in a few years I want him to live this journey too. These are a trilogy that is worth reading more than once which I already have read twice and in a year or two I will have to relive them again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.