Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

God, so that's how the Black Dagger Brotherhood series starts out, huh? I am so bummed that I didn't start with this one. It only makes sense to read the series in order but at the time, I only had the sixth and seventh book on hand. Nevertheless, Dark Lover is as solid as ever.

Wrath, my man. This dude is so fucking hot, it's insane. He's so arrogant and aggressive. He's possesive and passionate. He's the best King in my mind. And Beth, where do I even start with her? She is so strong, even from the very beginning. I love how she is able to keep her man in place.

But most of all, I think the highlight of this book is Butch. Brian O'Neal is just so funny when he's around Marissa. I cannot wait to read his book, Lover Revealed. Also, the chemisty with the rest of the brothers is awesome too. Their dialogue and endless banter just livens up the darkness and is refreshing and fun.

Bottom line? Damn, I love this series. It's to die for.

Favourite Quote:
She tilted her head, considering him. There was something she couldn't decipher in his tone. An achy pitch.
He dug his hand into his thick, dark hair. "And I'm going to shut up now. before I make you feel even more uncomfortable."
His eyes stayed on her face.
They were really nice eyes, she thought. So warm. And they held a lonely yearning as he looked at her. As if he couldn't have something he wanted.
She knew all about that.
The human laughed, a burst of sound that came from deep inside his chest. "And how 'bout I try not to stare? That'd be good." He crammed his hands in the pockets of his pants and focused on the door. "Look at me. Not staring. Not staring at all. Hey, this is a nice rug. Have you noticed it before?"
95 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

12/26/2010 "I can't wait any longer for this reread! I need my Brother fix!!!"
12/27/2010 page 4
1.0% "You know you're addicted when someone asks you to recite the Seven Deadly Sins and you start ticking them off by saying, "Wrath, Rhage, Zsadist..."

God know those men are deadly AND sinful." 9 comments
12/28/2010 page 50
13.0% "Reading this series reminds me of why I love to read PNR!" 6 comments
02/12/2012 page 80
20.0% "I will NEVER get tired of this series."
02/12/2012 page 118
30.0% ""Hard-ass asking her out? Again?" I LOVE BUTCH!" 9 comments
02/13/2012 page 239
61.0% ""You want me," she said. "And I want you to take me.""
02/13/2012 page 295
75.0% "I'm falling in love all over again <3" 10 comments

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Come here and I'll show you how charming I can be! ;P

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) *moves closer to Annie* I am ready to be charmed ; P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL! I dont even know where to start!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Ummm, chocolate, I have the biggest craving for some chocolate at the moment, ummmm dark chocolate..

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I love chocolate. Not the ones with fruits or nuts in them. Just full on chocolate. MMM, bliss.

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Damn it. I missed a great convo. I didn't get emails/notifiations. WTF!!

SATIN SUE    my god angela me either im not getting loads from dif pages

SATIN SUE    what is the happening lol

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) GR is fucking up...again!

SATIN SUE    lmao, i know a lot of people its happening to...its shit coz iv missed all the pervie stuff lmao

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! Me too! I wanna know all the pervie stuff!

Actually, I think I need to put my profile on private now. I'm getting really weird people who check out my photos on my profile and want to add me just because of that!

SATIN SUE    lmao my friends list has gone up by 15 people since i started acting like a perv..lol

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! I jsut made it private now. It's mostly guys going like, "Wow, love that photo!" blah blah..

SATIN SUE    lmao, yeah iv got a few guys now to....i think they shocked women act like us.

SATIN SUE    lol, i all ways did say we could give them a run for there money lol

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hells yeah! *waggles eyebrows* show em what you got!

SATIN SUE    lmao.. if i showed them what i got they would run lol

SATIN SUE    lol, yep

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Why would they run away???

SATIN SUE    coz they would be scared shitless lmao

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Lmao. I got a couple of men. Just ignored it. Maybe it is because of how were acting. Hhahahaha. But GR acct is private.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL!

I think it's how we are acting. Crazy bitches!!!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Crazy, horny ass bitches. LMAOOOOO!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL! Thats us! Makes you wonder why they're so interesting in us! :P

SATIN SUE    lmao girls you crack me up......but im sure i can tell ya why they are interested...lmao

SATIN SUE    lmao, the dirty dogs

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL, theyre not much better than us! :P

SATIN SUE    nope def not, but i do think they shocked coz girls are ment to hide it lol.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Not on GR! You're right! And I hate that! WHY MUST WE HIDE!?

SATIN SUE    lmao, coz we are ment to be ladies not tarts....but on gr we can be what ever we want lmao.

SATIN SUE    to right chick..

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hey, what book are you reading right now?

SATIN SUE    friday night bites, its better then the first.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh really? I have that one but didnt read it yet!

SATIN SUE    yeah, i wasnt een on the first but this is much better.....

what about you.?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I thought the first was okay. Catcher is my fave.

I dont know what I'm going to read. I'm still thinking. LOL.

SATIN SUE    omg catcher is so fine, he my fav to....

that was me not so long back...iv got a big back log of books...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I didnt like Ethan as much. Catcher's my man!

I'm thinking about reading Dreamfever or Love in the afternoon.

SATIN SUE    same here ethan was a dick... but catcher, he is yummy...

dont think iv heard of them...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) That thing he does with his tongue! LOL!

Try them out. Dreamfever is part of the Fever series. It's UF. Love in the Afternoon is a historical romance.

SATIN SUE    lol, i love the way they tell ya what he looks like in this book...

i will,ill add them to my very long list lol.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL yes, me too!

Cool! Let me know if you like them. I can give you more recs.

SATIN SUE    hey just send me any chick ill add any books to my list..

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) What type of books do you usually like?

SATIN SUE    i like pnr, historical romance...anything really lol....im not fussy, ill give anything a try.