Tatyana's Reviews > My Brother Sam Is Dead

My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier

Jun 03, 10

My Brother Sam is Dead is a tragic, yet educational book. While the main characters face problems with family and friends, readers not only experience conflict throughout the story but they also learn about life at war and many historical events that took place in the past. This particular book is half true and half made up. Reason being: the author(s) mixed real life happenings with fictitious happenings to make a well-developed story. It is about a teenage boy, Sam, who wants to fight in the war. One problem: his father doesn't want him to! Sam goes through many troubles just to do what he wants. Along the way, he hurts many around him...emotionally and physically. In the end, Sam dies and his younger brother is put in charge to take care of his mother since his father died from a terrible disease on a ship. I, personally enjoyed reading this book because it was full of never-ending surprises and was very interesting. I recommend this book to historical fiction lovers and also to those who like reading good books.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Brother Sam Is Dead.