Lauren's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

Jun 03, 10

Read in February, 2010

I generally avoid fad diet and fitness books by celebrities. So I was surprised a couple months back to read a recommendation for this book in an article about natural eating - not only in the article but also in the comments section. So I put it on hold at the library and then, once I got it, let it sit on my desk for a couple of weeks - I mean, yes, I watch The Biggest Loser, but well, Jillian Michaels doesn't exactly limit her endorsements to natural products. But after finally reading this book, I wish she did - this is a great book for those looking to get out of the diet, industrial-food complex rat race. There's nothing new here (although I have to give Jillian credit for trying to create a new diet), but it's a great overview with just enough science to back up the suggestions. I've followed some of these suggestions for either a couple of years or my entire life (thanks, Mom!), and it really does make a difference - and there are a couple of things mentioned in this book that are going to be changing what's in my kitchen (goodbye, Morningstar). Bottom line, it's nice to be informed about what we put into our bodies, and this book does a good job of reminding us why we are what we eat and why eating well is as simple as keeping it natural and unrefined. Surprisingly recommended.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.