Thee_ron_clark's Reviews > Cell

Cell by Stephen King

Dec 18, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: zombies
Recommended for: fans of Stephen King, post apocalyptic novels, and zombie-type stuff
Read in July, 2007

When I first heard about this book,I was very excited. The premise of one of the top horror authors today writing about one of my favorite topics was something worth celebrating. I picked up a copy and I was impressed that the action started right away. One thing King has done to me in the past is left me to suffer through several pages of overly descriptive nonsense waiting for the book to get moving along for me. The Cell did not have that issue. The premise of this novel was pretty cool; a cell phone signal turns people into raving lunatics. As a person who constantly gets annoyed at people who spend way too much of their time on cell phones and drive poorly while speaking on them, the synopsis appealed to me greatly. I found myself day dreaming when people walked by on their cell phones on a daily basis. Although this book is well written and easy to read, I felt the story got a little beyond what I would have liked by the "zombies" gaining powerful psychic abilities, entering dreams, and transmitting radio waves. I'm a more straight-forward zombie kind of guy myself, but I read on. The book still contained some terrific action and cool sequences to keep me reading. Then came the ending... I don't think I lack imagination, but end your own damn book. I know he isn't going to write a sequel to it so why leave the reader with an incomplete story? Disappointing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cell.