Saritza's Reviews > 911

Jun 11, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: romance-contemporary-gay
Read from June 04 to 11, 2010

Not sure what it is about this book that has me conflicted when writing this review. Yes, it's a well-written book and yes, the sex scenes are extremely hot but... I guess it just ended too abruptly for me even while being too long at the same time.

Summary: Drew is a fireman who loves the rush and is looking for a roommate to share costs. Scott is a doctor looking for somewhere to live that isn't with his now ex-lover. The match seems more than perfect when Scott moves in and it's more than just costs that they share.

So what happens when along comes EMT Eric with his blond good looks and boyish smile? Will this twosome be able to become a threesome or does it spell disaster for all?

What I liked about this book: The story develops quite nicely and I agree with a few of the reviewers who said it felt like it was intended to be a serial and ended up a stand-alone. I loved that the story is truly a threesome and the trio love each other equally and without reservation. Their individual quirks are exposed to the reader at the same they're exposed to the other partners in the relationship and I understand why it was necessary to establish that Drew and Scott's relationship was strong enough to add a third to it. I just felt like once they became a trio and the conflict was introduced, the story was quickly snuffed out. Felt like there was a missing scene... or three.

Extremely hot read. Deliciously written sexual tension and no fades to black make this book a great one to read. It just left me with a hankering for real closure.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 911.

06/04/2010 page 85
27.42% "These boys are already killing me and I'm only 1/4 of the way into the story!"

Libby Drew I'm curious to hear what you think of this one, Minnie. ;)

Saritza Libby wrote: "I'm curious to hear what you think of this one, Minnie. ;)"

Hee! Will make sure to review as I read. ;)

Lori Toland I understand your review. I felt the same way, like at the end, the story needed to end but without closure.

Sath I agree with you about the ending, it's wierd the whole book in a way is more like a series of snapshots than a continuous story. But I did like it, it's the only m/m/m that I've actually liked so far. I thought it was a lot better for 3s than Gemini or The Center of Earth and Sky. But maybe I just generally get fed up 3s :P