Michelle novelsontherun's Reviews > At Grave's End

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: fave-books, to-read
Read in November, 2011

RATING : 5 JF BLEW THIS STORY OUT OF THE WATER STARS!!!

Well didn’t Jeaniene Frost let it all fly in this instalment in the Night Huntress series..yehhaaaaa!!! At Grave’s End brings the smexi....not as hot to trot as One Foot In The Grave, Chapter 32!!..but, seriously, how is that ever going to be topped?

....well who knows it may be topped, not that I will be complaining. What? Do you know how hard it would be to write uber,uber, uber, smexi scenes?

JF she has IT!!!

Bones, Cat and her team are working hard to get rid of one bad vampire, at a time. Cat is using herself as bait, disguising herself, she is getting a reputation as the ‘Red Reaper’ and being recognised too easily....which is turning dangerous. Time to find a new piece of bait to help take down these bad guys. But can this bait be trusted?

Note to self ; Don’t peeve off Max, OMG!! and Max is peeeeevvved with Cat. It ain’t pretty.

I do ‘feel’ for Tate. It must be very hard to be in love with somebody you can’t have, yet you don’t give up. Seriously dude, Bones and Cat aren’t going to leave each other unless one of them turns to ashes and the other is zipped up nice and snug in a body bag....but you won’t give in.... yet , when the cards are all dealt and Bones needs somebody he knows will put Cat’s safety before anything else, he shoves Cat at Tate with the orders to protect.

A very funny moment....I totally felt Bones’s joy...ha!!!! It involves, Justina.

Oh , Tate and Cat...on the job, of course, but .....OH MY! The things one must do when undercover ....

Mencheres is an interesting Master Vampire. I really like him, but even the best of them let a woman rule their emotions and the line between right and wrong blurs. Mencheres doesn’t appear scary the way Cat talks to him, but I don’t think I would attempt to think or talk to him the way she does.

I love Spade/Charles, there is just something so loyal about him.

OH MY!!....One assignment at Marquis, Bar....I won’t say what type of bar, but it is one of my fave scenes ...I’ll give a hint it has to do with their clothes....hee...hee.

.....and then Vlad enters the story.....

I loved seeing a vulnerable side to Bones..... he was a nervous boy.

I love the dialogue/banter between Bones and Justina, Bones and Tate and Bones and Vlad...great fun reading.

Oh and Juan, you are such a honey, cheeky, mischievous and loyal to your soul. You just have to ask and he will do it, no hesitating, if it is for the good.

JF certainly gets very creative with her writing. I was most impressed with where she took me in this instalment. This is a fast paced, throw everything that you can at these guys book and a rather eeeeepppppppp!!! , moment. I did wonder how you could top book 2.....now I know.

At Grave’s End is seriously a great rollercoaster ride, you have your arms waving in the air and you are screaming in parts and in others you are trying to hold on to your lunch.

Now...I wonder how JF is going to top book 3, I can’t wait to read ‘Destined For An Early Grave’.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Grave's End.