Crista's Reviews > Standing in the Shadows

3194546
Jul 22, 10

bookshelves: 4-star, contemporary, hot, series, suspense
Read from June 29 to July 18, 2010

Book 2 of the McCloud brothers series does not disappoint. I was hooked until the very last page. This is Connor's story. We were introduced to him first in Behind Closed Doors as Seth's friend, and I was intrigued by him the minute he came on the scene.

Erin and Connor have a past. I LOVE these types of stories. Erin has been in love with Connor since he worked for her dad and Connor has been lusting Erin for just as long. This story starts up almost right where the last left off, so new readers....think about reading this series in order. Connor is adamant about protecting Erin and self appoints himself as her new bodyguard. Connor is an alpha male all the way, but that's just how I like em'! He is a bit rough around the edges and struggles to get in touch with feelings, but he know what he wants.... and Erin is the lucky girl! I loved this couple. They have a passionate, not always pretty, relationship, but it is real and I bought into them completely.

This book is at times fairly dark. The villain is evil incarnate and it is certainly not for the "violence leary". It is equal parts romance and suspense, but it's the romance that really did it for me. I enjoyed it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Standing in the Shadows.