Jessica's Reviews > 13 to Life

13 to Life by Shannon Delany

Aug 11, 10

bookshelves: i-own, signed-books, arc, read-in-2010
Read from July 12 to 13, 2010

I am in love with this story! I am a huge fan of werewolf stories so this book quickly moved up my favorites list. This book is about Jess (love the name!) who meets the new boy in town, Pietr. They are forced together under the circumstances that she is now his new tour guide. Of course, they both love this idea..or not! Their initial encounter had me in tears of laughter! Jess wasn't afraid to speak what was on her mind and that immediately made me love her character. Pietr is quiet and mysterious but can't help but stick around his school tour guide Jess as he gets to know his new school environment.

Even though Jess and Pietr's relationship seems to be only based on dysfunction and witty remarks, they are drawn to each other. Pietr has secrets and it may be up to Jess to figure them out. But she has some secrets of her own that involve her closest friends. As they spend time together, their walls come down and they realize they may not be able to hide their true feelings for long. Even if that means a friend might get hurt in the process.

I couldn't put this book down. I enjoyed following Jess and Pietr through their school experiences and day to day life. The more they annoy each other, the more they seem to end up forced together by fate. Shannon is amazing at adding funny lines and situations into the story. With all the mystery, drama, and suspense, this added some great relief to the plot.

Characters: Jess has to be one of my favorite female characters. She is smart, funny, and not afraid to tell it like it is. She is loyal to her friends and interesting to get to know. Pietr is cute, mysterious, witty, and adventurous. What more could we ask for in a great male character? I look forward to reading more about Pietr's family and their history. We get a glimpse into their lives in this book but I can't wait for that to be explored.

Cover: Love the cover. I felt it fit the story and it really drew my attention. Plus the detail of it on the actual book is beautiful!

If you love a good werewolf story, you will love this book. This is just the beginning of the wonderful journey Jess and Pietr have started. The town has a lot of secrets that have yet to be exposed. I am excited to see where this story goes in book 2, Secrets and Shadows which will be out next February. 13 to Life will leave you completely entranced and begging for the next chapter!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 13 to Life.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Shannon Delany
“Beauty's only skin deep.
Everybody has ugly days.
We're all made of the same stuff underneath.
Acting right is better than looking right.
Realize what make you special beyond looks.
Evil can look pretty on the outside.”
Shannon Delany, 13 to Life

07/12/2010 page 14
07/12/2010 page 128
42.0% "Ohh....this is good!!" 1 comment
07/12/2010 page 199
65.0% "lovin' it even more!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacey I really enjoyed this book too,I can't wait for the next book, did you see the cover?