Tasha's Reviews > All I Ever Wanted

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins

Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: hqn-mira-club
Read from July 10 to 11, 2010

Absolutely loved it!! I laughed, I cried; it was funny, it was sad. I haven't enjoyed a Higgins novel this much since Too Good to Be True, which is the first book I ever read by Higgins and have been reading her ever since. I fell in love with Callie and Ian, and found myself rooting for them throughout. The entire Grey family was great. Noah, Callie's grandfather, is funny, lovable, and a absolute dream of a grandfather. Her parents are divorced, although her father is trying to win back her mother, and her sister Hester is a total riot.

Callie thought she was in love with Mark, but it turned out to be more of a junior high crush that lasted until adulthood. She met Ian, her true love, when she was at her all time worst and they still were able to make it work, though it took some effort. Ian's great; he's somewhat shy and reserved, whereas Callie is very outgoing and has never met a stranger.

I didn't like Fleur, Callie's so-called friend, at first sight. She the kind of friend that makes you not need enemies. Mark was a complete jerk and Muriel was a total airhead. If I could have had any respect for Mark, I would have lost all of it when he started letting Muriel run the show.

If a cute, witty, light-hearted romance is what you're looking for, you can't go wrong with All I Ever Wanted.

~You can find more of my reviews at Confessions of a Bookaholic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Ever Wanted.