Kaylea's Reviews > Life Lessons from a Horse Whisperer

Life Lessons from a Horse Whisperer by Lew Sterrett

Jun 02, 10

bookshelves: see-blog-for-more-info
Read in February, 2010

My first thought was - I want to check out this book, because I'll bet my dad would like it. (He raises horses and I was sure he would find this very interesting.)

Surprise surprise, I enjoyed the book. I thought the stories related by Sterrett were great and related managed to relate a variety of Christian leadership principles in a non-threatening, easy to understand way.

I think you can read this book in two ways: The first, you'll find a nice, simple story, that will leave you feeling quite "warm and fuzzy" at times (even as Sterrett relates some tough stories and issues.) The second, you'll find something that will help you identify some ways to strengthen your leadership skills - especially if you work with students of all ages.

Sterrett uses the illustrations given to him through his horse training, to find ways to talk about leadership growth and potential - without sounding preachy or tough. Instead, he does it in a casual, laid-back manner that will cross gender and economic lines.

I'm glad I picked up this book - oh and I still think my dad will like it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Lessons from a Horse Whisperer.