Tiffany Danner's Reviews > Sanctuary Lost

Jun 09, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from June 02 to 07, 2010

Series Review:

I <3 this series. Each installment is between 125-160 pages but Moira Rogers packs so much story into those few pages I never feel shorted or left wanting. Each book seamlessly continues the story of the Red Rock Pass sanctuary while delivering an engaging romantic story. I love the friendship and loyalty each character brings to the story, but even more than that I love that we never really say goodbye to any of the characters. Each book may focus on a new couple, but previous couples are there and a part of the action still.

I enjoyed each story for different reasons, but if I had to choose a favorite is is probably Joe and Brynn's story, from Sanctuary Lost. Partly because Joe is so very alpha, but also because of the twist in Brynn’s character arc. At one point I was swearing because a choice was taken away from her and I wasn’t sure I agreed with the author’s decision to do it, it felt like the easy way out. Yet as I kept reading I realize how wrong I was… it was the perfect turn of events and made Joe and Brynn’s journey so much harder and fulfilling. I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t go into detail, but Brynn is tested and will continue to be tested… even tho she gets her happily ever after with Joe I doubt things will ever be easy for them. It probably says something about me that my favorite characters are continuously tortured eh?

Sanctuary Lost may be my favorite, but I was surprised to find Dylan and Sasha’s book a close second. Dylan is not an alpha wolf, but he is sexy and sweet in his own ways. He is strong and commanding without being afraid to let Sasha be in charge. Sanctuary’s Price had some of my favorite quotes of the series.

>>Dylan lifted his head and stared at her. “I want you to come. I want >>you to feel so good you can’t image anyone else touching you. I want >>you to be mine because I give you everything you need.”

If you are looking for well written, sexy, engaging pararnormal romance reads do not miss the Red Rock Pass series. Don’t forget to pick up the FREE short stories for the series from Moira Rogers’ website…. I enjoyed the shorts just as much as the novellas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sanctuary Lost.

06/07/2010 "40% sigh Joe is HOT."
06/07/2010 page 100
71.43% "My favorite red rock yet...."