Jasmin's Reviews > Real Murders

Real Murders by Charlaine Harris

Jun 06, 10

bookshelves: mystery, contemporary, humor, suspense, reviewed-by-me
Recommended for: Mystery buffs
Read from June 03 to 06, 2010

In the little town of Lawrenceton, Georgia, lived a little girl (or shall I say woman? But her height was that of a child) named Aurora Teagarden.

She was a pretty little thing, with an odd fashion sense. But being a librarian, we couldn't really blame her for sticking to the norms. She was a member of a quaint little club called Real Murders where she and her clubmates talked about, well, real murders. There was nothing really odd about their club. Just normal people coming together to chit-chat. Well maybe it is odd that they have a fascination for real murders. (like you could really imagine a petite librarian taking interest in real murders?) Anyway, it started with an extraordinary night, because Aurora was going to speak about her favorite murder, the Wallace case. But the night proved better than the talk, because a real stage of the Wallace case has been put up, with her club member as the victim. Ever since the night Robin Crusoe, dashing new-in-town mystery writer comes barging in their club, everything turns wrong.

Bodies have been piling up, but evidence is pointing everywhere. Members are being framed up and the murderer is still lurking around, just waiting for the next kill.

Could Aurora being a bona fide member of Real Murders help her close the case? Or could the fact of her being a member be the death of her?

Aurora Teagarden, was an extremely fast read. It had a calming effect, so this is best read at night when in bed. I do not suggest reading this at work, because you'll experience symptoms of drowsiness. I found this book better written than Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. There wasn't really anything extraordinary in this book. But there wasn't really anything ordinary in it either. Thus 4 stars. I pointed my fingers at almost everyone as the murderer, except the real murderer.

I liked the book, but thanks there's no serious cliffhanger in this one, so I don't feel the need to read the next. Though I probably will.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Murders.

06/04/2010 page 21
06/05/2010 page 79
45.14% "this book has some sort of "sedative-like" effect on me. im not saying its not good, but damn, cant help myself. zzz"
show 1 hidden update…

Jasmin haha, problem is i was reading it at early morn. plus i was at work so i was drowsy the whole time :))