Kristin's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Jun 02, 10

Read in January, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Kristin Liked

Richelle Mead
“The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms.”
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

Richelle Mead
“The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy