Belinda McBride's Reviews > Bonds of Justice

Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Jul 09, 10

bookshelves: to-read

This book didn't really light any fires for me. It wasn't bad, but the pace sort of dragged along. There were so many plot threads, so many characters...it sort of drowned the central characters. Its certainly a must read if you are invested in the series, we're given peeks into the minds of Nikita, Kaleb and other major behind-the-scenes players. The overall story arc advances. We also got visits from Clay, Vaughn, Faith, Lucas, Sasha, Dorian, Kit...See what I mean? Too many ingredients.

I had difficulty following the POV...it jumped from lead characters to characters that hadn't yet been introduced to the story, and didn't play a major role. Loads of red herrings, some illogical circumstances...(ie: a major villain stakes out the heroine at her apartment, follows her, and then somehow manages to precede her on the road to her destination and arrange a complex accident.)

I really liked Max and Sophia, their story had the potential to be so heartbreaking and winsome, but just got obscured in the tangle of plot threads.

This is such an awesome series, I'm certainly not giving up on it. I'll take time to read this again in the future, maybe it'll grow on me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonds of Justice.