Belladonna420's Reviews > Ancestor

Ancestor by Scott Sigler

Jun 01, 10

bookshelves: scott-sigler

Monsters ARE real! But they don’t live in closets or under your bed… they were created by scientists in a lab. DNA combined to create the perfect predator. The only problem is, that’s not what was supposed to happen.

Ancestor tells the story of a good idea gone bad – TERRIBLY BAD! Although the creatures are the stuff of nightmares – and believe me, I’ll never look at a cow the same way again – the really scary thing is that at its roots, the story is not all science “fiction”. Let’s just hope the genius genetic scientists that are messing with DNA read this book before it’s too late!

If you don’t already know, Scott Sigler releases all his books as free podcasts (which you can subscribe to on iTunes). I was lucky enough to hear the original podcast version of Ancestor in its entirety after it was released. In a way, it was a good thing for me that I was turned on to Scott Sigler later in his career as I was able to listen to the entire podcast at my own pace – breakneck! The story was just that good!

And now, Mr. Sigler, or Future Dark Overlord as he’s known to his rabid fans – who call themselves Junkies – has gone and taken the story and made it all that much better. It’s been updated so that some of the minor references and more important technological advances are current for 2010 and it’s sleeker, scarier and more fast-paced than ever before.

If you like sci-fi, horror, thrillers, medical dramas, blood and guts and non-stop action then this story is for you. So pre-order it now, and while you’re waiting, I suggest you become a registered Junkie on ScottSigler.com where you can find and listen to Nocturnal (my personal Sigler favorite), Infected, Contagious, Earthcore, The Rookie and all of the other free Sigler content there. And soon you’ll find that you are a Junkie too!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ancestor.