Staci's Reviews > A Cottage by the Sea

A Cottage by the Sea by Ciji Ware

Feb 03, 12

bookshelves: blame-it-all-on-kaye, kindle-booklist, 2012-reads
Read from January 16 to 23, 2012

Why I wanted to read it: I have  several reasons......

My awesome blogging friend Jen @ Jenny Loves to Read, sent me a copy a LONG time ago because I expressed interest in the book after she reviewed it.
I am drawn to all things Cornwall...I swear one of my ancestors is from this area!
Kaye@Pudgy Penguin listed this as one of her favorite reads for 2010 and I made up a challenge for myself to read some of my favorite bloggers favorite books!
It was C in my 52 Weeks 52 Books Alphabetical challenge!

Source: I read this one on my Kindle and the paperback (from Jen)

As I stated above I love all things Cornwall and this book really set the tone and atmosphere for me. I will be visiting this lovely place before I die..which, I hope isn't until I'm like 98 or something!
I really enjoyed Blythe and understood her need to get away from all things Hollywood and to get back to what was real and good in life.
The whole time travel aspect is something I'm a sucker for...I love this type of book. I was really digging the way Blythe was able to see the past events...very very cool! I can't tell you how...I think that is a spoiler of sorts.
The love story...was absolutely captivating. I cheered for this couple and wanted their relationship to be real and meaningful.
Reading about Blythe reading all of Daphne du Maurier's (who lived in Cornwall) books had me wanting to read all of her titles too! So, that is exactly what I'm going to do! I will be starting with Rebecca, then My Cousin Rachel, because I own both of those titles. Then I will be adding the others as I can get my hands on them. Did you know, not one of her titles is available as an e-book? My husband is lucky because I would have bought every single one right after I finished The Cottage!!!

I want to thank Jen and Kaye for recommending this book so highly. I absolutely loved the story and I'm glad that I bought it for my Kindle when it was free...now, I can go back and re-read it anytime I want!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cottage by the Sea.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kaye It was FREE on kindle??? Rats! I would re read this too!! Loved it, loved it. You're right about Cornwall.It's like a giant magnet for me. I'm so thrilled you loved it too!